Computer Engineering Department
- The Computer Engineering Department was established in 2007 in the Institute and runs 3 Years Diploma Program with 60 students intake per year under Directorate of Technical Education, Haryana. This Diploma Program affiliated to Haryana State Board of Technical Education Panchkula and approved by All India Council of Technical Education, New Delhi to cater to the ever challenging needs of technical excellence in all areas of Computer Engineering.
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) is a discipline devoted to the systematic study, creation and application of computer-based models to understand and analyze natural and engineered systems. CSE is inherently interdisciplinary, with close ties to other disciplines such as mathematics, science and engineering. It draws upon and integrates concepts and principles from these fields to define a new, cohesive body of knowledge centered on the representation and manipulation of computational models
- To create the most conducive environment for quality academic and research oriented undergraduate and postgraduate education in computer science and engineering
- To prepare the students for a globalised technological society and orient them towards serving the society.
- To impart high quality professional training at the postgraduate and undergraduate level with an emphasis on basic principles of computer science and engineering.
- To establish nationally and internationally recognized research centres and expose the students to broad research experience.
- To impart moral and ethical values, and interpersonal skills to the students.
- To empower the students with the required skills to solve the complex technological problems of modern society and also provide them with a framework for promoting collaborative and multidisciplinary activities.
- The purpose of the Computer Engg course is to educate students with emphasis on the creation of appropriate infrastructure, so that they are able to adapt to the constantly changing field of Computer Engg. & and technological evolution. Also, it develops the skills for responding to the rapid changes in exercise of the profession of Engineer of Electronic Computer Systems. In particular, the Diploma in Computer Engineering promotes:
- The acquisition of basic knowledge and expertise in computer science to meet the professional challenges and adapt to the constantly changing field of scientific and technological developments.
- The development of necessary skills of Computer Systems Engineering on the analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance in various professional fields of computer systems.
- The development of the analytical and synthetic capacity of the students to meet the challenges of their specialty.
- The preparation of students for professional careers in industry, IT companies, education, public sector organizations.
LABORATORIES: At presents Computer Engg. Department have developed 04 Labs as per detail given below:
1) OOPS / PHP (Computer Lab -1) : This Lab is well equipped with Internet Facility and a seating capacity of 30 students at a time. This Lab is formed to learn Object Oriented Programming Language and PHP which is a server scripting language and a powerful tool for making dynamic and interactive Web pages. This will make our students capable of handling with the latest market trends.
2) Cloud Computing / Python Lab (Computer Lab - 2): The Lab is well equipped with Internet Facility and a seating capacity of 30 students at a time. As per the curriculum and latest trends, the lab is formed to provide our students knowledge of cloud computing and Python Language which are widely used in Industry by Computer Professionals. As the subjects taught in this lab are as per market requirements, so it help the students in Project work and for further placements too.
3) Data Structure /Programming in C (Computer Lab - 3): The Lab is well equipped with Internet Facility and with a seating capacity of 60 students at a time. This Lab has been formed to provide the basic knowledge of Programming Language for making a concrete base for each Computer Student. The main emphasis is always put on the Practical based applications to help our students more confident conceptually and professionally.
4) PROJECT LAB (Computer Lab - 4): This Lab is well equipped with Internet Facility and a seating capacity of 60 students at a time. In three year Diploma, the Project which is to be done in final semester as per curriculum is the essence of the knowledge gain by students. The Project made by students help them to explore the knowledge gain during three years of study and further, it help them to be well placed in Industry right after Diploma.