B. K. N. Govt. Polytechnic Narnaul
Civil Engg Department
- The Civil Engineering Department was established in 2007 at the Institute and runs 3 Years Diploma Program with 60 students intake per year under Directorate of Technical Education, Haryana. This Diploma Program affiliated to Haryana State Board of Technical Education Panchkula and approved by All India Council of Technical Education, New Delhi to cater to the ever challenging needs of technical excellence in all areas of Civil Engineering.
- Civil Engineering is an evergreen profession which deals with the design, construction and maintenance of various structures like building, highway, bridge, dams, airports etc. The infrastructure and lab facilities are upgraded from time to time and provide adequate opportunities for students to learn and innovate along with site visits to strengthen practical knowledge.
- The department has distinguished well qualified and experienced faculty members.
- EMPLOYMENT/PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR DIPLOMA HOLDERS IN CIVIL ENGINEERING DISCIPLINE
- Military Engineering Services
- Border Road Organization
- State Government Services
- PWD B & R
- Public Health
- Panchayti Raj
- Country Planning
- Police Housing Corporation
- Municipal Corporation
Semi Government Sector:
- All PSU’s including Maharatna, Navratna and Miniratna Status
- Like L. & T. , DLF, TATA, H. C. C. etc
- A Civil Diploma holder can be an entrepreneur like a Government Contractor.
To become a renowned Technical Institute in Civil Engg and student focused entity by providing excellence, innovation and technically well-equipped and qualified human resources to meet ever changing industrial challenges and social needs.
To offer well balanced programme of Engineering to facilitate state of art productive learning resources.
- To develop workforce of Engineers at its fullest potential to meet demands of Government and private sector.
- To develop human being morally and ethical compatible to highest standard and enthuse them towards their social responsibilities.
LABORATORIES: Civil Engineering Department have 5 well equipped Laboratories:
- Survey Lab
- Water Supply & Soil Foundation Lab.
- Concrete Technology Highway Engineering Lab
- Five best placed students out of top ten in the year 2019-20 were from civil engineering department of BKN Government Polytechnic, Narnaul in the state of Haryana